About Me


  Hello and welcome to AcidGameReviews. This is my personal video-game blog where I review and talk about games that interest me. I occasionally may review some underrated games that you might not have heard about too. I don't see myself as a professional game reviewer, just a regular guy who happens to love video games. I mainly say what I like and don't like about a game while doing my best to be fair and unbiased. 

 My reviews follow a pretty basic structure: I give a brief intro on the game, offer a brief glimpse at the story, move onto the gameplay, talk a bit on the presentation, and offer my final thoughts. I used to score games ages ago, but I dropped that since it didn't feel right to tie my review to a number. My reviews can be pretty long-winded at times, especially when I'm reviewing RPGs!

 My earliest gaming experience is when I got my Slim PS1 and had only three games for it. I vaguely remember having a Harry Potter and Scooby-Doo game, but couldn't recall the last one. Eventually, I managed to get a PS2 later on and the likes of Resident Evil 4, really caught on with me. Around that time I also had a Gameboy Advance, which I hold in high regards as one of the best handhelds ever made, and remember spending lots of hours on Sonic Advance.

 A few years later, I saw myself getting an Xbox 360 and getting into the Halo series. It was in 2013 where I bought a Super Slim PS3 and was finally able to play the likes of Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and the Uncharted games. It was the same year where I began writing about and playing video games as a hobby. I also started gaming lightly on PC, but I'm still a console player at heart.

 My favorite genres are Shoot 'em Ups, On-rail shooters, platformers, role-playing games, and anything that's faced-paced. I'm still open to other genres as well and I'm generally excited every now and then to play a game that's out of my comfort zone. Though for the life of me, I can never get into MMOs and strategy games since I'm just not that good with overly complicated mechanics and cluttered UIs. As long as I'm having fun (which is a word I use a lot here), I couldn't care if a game's good or bad. 

Also, here's my Top 10 games of all time

 And that's basically it about me. Not the most exciting you've read but I hope it gave you an idea of myself and my experience in the gaming scene. I'm always trying to do my best to deliver a steady stream of content every month or whenever possible. 

Comments