My 10 Anticipated Games of 2016

2016 Is Looking Good.
 Happy new year, everyone! 2015 had a lot of great games such as the likes of Fallout 4, The Witcher III, Splatoon, and so on. 2016 seems to be a more promising year with much-anticipated titles such as Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, and Street Fighter V. Currently, I'm still playing some of 2015's games though I'll be on the lookout for this year's games, especially the ones listed here. Without further delay here are my 10 most anticipated games of 2016 in no order:   

The Last Guardian (TBA 2016) 


Looking great,
 The Last Guardian was first announced in 2007 for the PS3. Ever since then, there were few scarce info. regarding it. Some thought it was long gone while others speculate that it's still being worked on. That all changed during last year's E3 when Sony announced that The Last Guardian will be coming to PS4. We don't know much about it yet, hopefully it's going to turn out to be great.


Star Fox Zero (April 21)

Don't forget to do a barrel roll, Fox!

 Originally slated for a November release date last year, Star Fox Zero was delayed for 2016 for more polish and improvements. Personally, I don't mind at all. Platinum Games know what their doing and I'm sure they're going to deliver a great product. 

The Legend of Zelda Wii U (TBA 2016)
The huge scale and adventure are promising.
 Another Wii U game delayed last year, The Legend of Zelda could be finally coming this year. There have been speculation that it could be even heading onto Nintendo's future console, the NX. Aside from a few screenshots and trailers, all I can say is my body is ready.


Persona 5 (TBA 2016)

Please come out this year...

 Persona 5 still hasn't had a released date yet and I'm growing impatient! Just kidding, the last thing we need is a buggy Persona game... While it got a stylish gameplay trailer last year, there's still more to come. Hopefully developer Atlus will share with us more trailers and info. regarding the game, and if possible a release date this year.


Final Fantasy XV (TBA 2016)

That's a nice car. 
 After recently getting a taste of what to come in Episode Duscae, Final Fantasy XV is on my most-anticipated games list. As a fan of the franchise and RPGs in general, FFXV looks promising. I really liked the rather action-oriented gameplay and the presentation of Episode Duscae. The story and characters are interesting so far, though I'll have to play the game to make a verdict. Obviously it's just a demo, so there's more improvements and features to come. 

Uncharted 4 (April 26)


Drake is looking good on the PS4.
 Nathan Drake's supposed final outing for the PS4 is finally coming this year. After witnessing countless trailers and and a remaster of the first three games, many fans are hyped for Uncharted 4. Personally, I always enjoyed Drake's adventures so I'm absolutely picking it up day one.

Gravity Rush 2 (TBA 2016)

Kat's back in town.
 Gravity Rush is among my favorite Vita games. Its light-hearted story and characters as well as neat gameplay made a memorable experience for me. There have been talks of a sequel for a while and now that it's been confirmed for the PS4, everyone's excited for it. It sucks seeing the Vita abandoned, but hopefully Gravity Rush 2 will turn-out to be just as good as the original. 

Zero Time Dilemma (Summer 2016)

Sigma, is that you?
 The latest and final installment in the Zero Escape trilogy, Zero Time Dilemma is coming out this summer. Thanks to fan support, series director Kotaro Uchikoshi confirmed that the game is happening and will be coming this summer. After finishing the spectacular Virtue's Last Reward, all I can say is that I'm excited to see what's in store for Sigma and the rest. 

Resident Evil 0 HD (January 19)

Billy and Rebecca try to survive in a zombie-infested train.
 While its only an HD update, I never had the chance to play Resident Evil 0 when it came out. Now that it's coming late this month, I'm pretty excited to know about what happened to Bravo Team and learn a few secrets of the Spencer Mansion. 

Street Fighter V (February 16)



That's gonna hurt.
The latest in Capcom's long-running Street Fighter franchise, Street Fighter V is hitting stores next month. Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li are here as well as a couple of new fighters. Obviously the game looks and sounds astonishing. As a fan of games, I'm anxiously awaiting SFV


 Well, these are the games I'm looking forward to this year. Hopefully things will turn-out to be well this year in terms glitch-free game launches and I'm hoping we'll also see the decline of micro-transactions, if most companies learned from their mistakes over the years. That's it for this month's Top 10, there is more to come later in the next couple of months since I already planned-out my schedule. Please share-out your most anticipated games of 2016 in the comments section below, until next time!

Comments