Sonic Mania & Project Sonic 2017 Thoughts!

The Ultimate Celebration.
 Sega has finally announced the latest games in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise to celebrate Sonic's 25th anniversary, Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017. Sonic Mania is a throwback to the golden days of the hedgehog on the Sega Genesis while Project Sonic 2017 is a modern Sonic game similar to Generations. Between the two, I'm most exited for Sonic Mania. Over the past weeks I've been reviewing Sonic's early 2D adventures and I've had nothing but good praise for them. So it's natural that I can't wait to play it. The game is coming for the PS4, PC, and Xbox One. Christian Whitehead, the programmer responsible for the excellent remaster of Sonic CD and mobile editions of Sonic 1&2, is taking a role in its development so that alone is reason enough that the game will hopefully turn out great. I mean after Sonic Boom, Sega can't afford another flop. 

Sonic Mania trailer:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmtYdEWVzo


 As for Project 2017, not much after has been reviled. From the trailer you can tell that the game has Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic as well as a dark setting. I don't know what to say about the dark setting but I hope it's a better attempt at one compared to Shadow the Hedgehog. The game is coming for the PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo's soon-to-be announced system, NX. Hopefully more information regarding it will be unveiled in the coming months. 

Project Sonic 2017 trailer: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCh9--2xcKk

 Anyway, that's my take on the two games. Sorry if I'm a bit late on reporting this but it's better later than never, I guess. Hopefully both will turn out great and will put Sonic on the right track. Also, I'm still continuing my Sonic reviews with Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure 2 in the coming weeks so look forward to that. Until next time!

Comments