What I'm Currently Playing [August 2017]

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

 So I decided that I'll be making "What I'm Currently Playing" into a monthly segment where I share with you my thoughts on games that I'm playing at the moment and provide some site updates. August is here and finally there's some great games coming out this month such as Yakuza Kiwami, Sonic Mania, and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. So if you notice that there's some slowdown next month, well know that I'm brawling and bowling in Yakuza Kiwami. Moving on, I've been playing unhealthy amounts of games these past weeks with the likes including the recently released Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, which grabbed my attention ever since I played it. So let's take a look at what I've been playing this past while:


Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4)

Colorful, frantic puzzle action.

 Starting off is the colorful crossover between the Puyo Puyo and Tetris puzzle games. Surprisingly developed by Sonic Team, Puyo Puyp Tetris is a puzzle game in which you can either play either Puyo or Tetris style. The game features five modes of play in which you can play four-player locally with friends or online against other players. Add in an wacky story with lovable characters and it's a short, yet fun little adventure.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)


 The original Valkyria Chronicles was released back in 2008 and was a spectacular strategy-action game with RPG elements. The third-person strategy gameplay is involving and will have making some tough decisions in order to ensure victory. Additionally, the World War II-inspired narrative with engaging thanks to relatable characters and interesting themes. Also, a highlight of the game is its visual style, which resembles that of pencil drawings in motion is stellar and much in thanks to Sega's "CANVANS" game engine.

Tekken 7 (PS4)

The best fights are personal...

 The latest in the long-running fighting series, Tekken 7 was released last June and ever since the I've been having lots of fun with it playing with friends. The new gameplay tweaks and characters are fun to play and take quite the time to fully master. Throw in an interesting plot about a dysfunctional family with a tendency of throwing others off a cliff and a solid multiplayer mode and it's one of the year's best fighters alongside the likes of Injustice 2.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)



 Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is an HD re-release of the original Final Fantasy XII which was released 11 years ago during the final days of the PS2. Featuring many improvements and revisions over the original release, The Zodiac Age brings the tale of an aspiring sky pirate, Vaan, to current gen. and will have you spending hours upon hours exploring every nook and cranny of the game's expansive world, undertake many deadly hunts for loot, and money for gear and weapons. Over the past weeks, I've sunk nearly 30 hours into the game and I'm not showing sings of stopping; it's that good if you're looking for an RPG filled with rich content waiting to be uncovered, though it's without its flaws.


 So that's all there is for now. July was an all right month for me and I hope it's the same for August. C'mon, we're getting Sonic Mania and Yakuza Kiwami for good's sake! I hope you liked some of the games that I've shared with you and might consider giving them a shot in the future, until then have a great day and happy gaming.

Comments