What I'm Currently Playing [November 2017]


Microsoft's modified Xbox One, titled Xbox One X,
released earlier this month.

 I know I'm a little late with this now-monthly segment, but unfortunately I was caught-up with some life-related matters that I barely did any content for October as a result. Thankfully, I'm free at the moment and I've managed to dish-out some content this month, hopefully it stays that way for a while. Anyway, these past weeks I've been playing the spectacular Horizon: Zero Dawn and Metroid: Samus Returns, both of which I reviewed and stand among my favorite games of the year. This time I'm playing two titles that I have been anxiously waiting to get my hands on for a while, let's take a look at them:

 The Evil Within 2 (PS4)


 As a huge fan of 2014's underrated survival horror, The Evil Within, I was eager for a sequel ever since publisher Bethesda announced that the game had sold well for the series to continue, but didn't mention word of a sequel. In this year's rather lackluster E3, the announcement of The Evil Within 2 took me by surprise as I thought that Bethesda wouldn't bother to reveal it this year. Thankfully they did and based off of the first hour playing the game, it's certainly an impressive improvement over its predecessor. 


Axiom Verge (PC)



 After finishing up Samus Returns, I was yearning for more Metroidvania-styled adventures. It was then that I remembered I had bought Axiom Verge off of a Steam sale not long ago. Developed solely by creator Thomas Happ, Axiom Verge has you controlling a scientist whose is transported into an alien planet after an experiment goes wrong. Heavily inspired by the original Metroid, Axiom Verge has exploring diverse and colorful environments, searching for hidden gear and battling some overwhelming bosses. The initial hours have been great thanks to the game's catchy soundtrack and solid gameplay mechanics. Despite its brief runtime, Axiom Verge carries some nice surprises along the way.

Comments