What I'm Currently Playing [February 2018]

 It's the second month into the year and already we've gotten some hits such as the likes of Dragon Ball: Fighter Z and Monster Hunter World. Breath of the Wild easily consumed much of my time and energy last month since it was a long adventure, one that was very much worth it. February's also going strong since releases such as Far Cry 5, and the remakes of Shadow of the Colossus and Secret of Mana are just around the corner. Most interestingly however, will be the release of Metal Gear Survive, one of the most unanticipated and despised games in recent years launching on the 20th. While I definitely wasn't impressed with what I saw, I think it's only fair to give Survive proper judgment once I play it... eventually. Also, I've managed to receive a Nintendo Switch last month as a present and I've been recently playing Super Mario Odyssey. Suffice to say, I like what I played and here's hoping 2018 is another great year for the Switch. For now, here are some of the games that I'm currently playing:


Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

 Mario's official debut on the Nintendo Switch in the form of Super Mario Odyssey was fantastic and is easily up there with the likes of Super Mario 64 and the Galaxy games. Making use of the system's "joy-con" controllers and packing large sandbox environments to fully explore, Odyssey sits as one of the Switch's best games yet. 


Sonic Forces (PS4)

The latest (and not particularly the greatest) in the long-running lineup of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, Sonic Forces feels rushed. While it definitely has its moments with the character creation feature and some aspects of the levels, the rest of the game falls short in execution. I was pretty excited about ever since it co-announcement with Sonic Mania back in 2016, but thankfully I kept my expectations in check.

Comments