Top 10 Anticipated Games of 2019

Another promising year.

 Alright, new year, new games. Honestly, 2019's lineup of games is pretty exciting and a great deal of notable releases such as the Resident Evil 2 Remake is coming in the following weeks. In anticipation, I've listed 10 games that I'm looking forward to the most in 2019 and hope to review.


#10- Anthem (Feb 22)

 While there's a lot to say about EA's recent business pratices, part of me still finds Anthem to be a fun third-person shooter. I can't help it, as a huge fan of mechs I'm hooked based on what I've seen so far. Just in case, I'll make sure to keep my expections in check.

#9- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Jan 18)

 I haven't played an Ace Combat game before so this is my first foray into the series. A flight-based game where you control a verity of combat jets, firing missiles an doing barrel-rolls looks like something that I'll be enjoying. A look at a couple of the trailers had me excited and it really looks like something up my alley. Best of all, it's landing on the same day as my birthday!

#8- Shenmue III (Aug 27)

 The long-awaited crowdfunded project finally has a release window for summer this year. Finally providing some closure for the highly praised series after many requests from fans, Shenmue III looks to engage old-time fans and newcomers alike. I've recently gotten the Shenmue I & II collection in order to catch up and I hope the game will deliver. Other than that I'm pretty excited and here's hoping Shenmue III is another Kickstarter success.

#7- Biomutant (2019)

 At first glance, Biomutant looks like a great mix of Zelda and Monster Hunter with a few Nier: Automata action thrown as well. An action-adventure where you create and customize your own mutant as they venture into a branching storyline. I've had my eye on it for a while and I'm happy that's releasing sometime mid this year.

#6- Doom Eternal (2019)

 Serving as the sequel to the hit 2016 Doom, Doom Eternal aims to up the ante of its predecessor by having you explore new places in the form of desolate cities and seeks to introduce new gameplay mechanics as seen with the new grappling hook. As a fan of Doom's story, I can't wait to see what's in store for Doomguy next, and hopefully it's not a long wait.


#5- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (Jan 18)


 It's been ages since the last No More Heroes game and while not a full-on third entry, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes still manages to scratch that itch. Protagonist Travis Touchdown is back in another wacky adventure featuring a crazy new setting... inside a game console. A smaller affair compared to predecessors, Travis Strikes Again seems to put more emphasis on variety as seen with the various game styles and hopefully they're equally entertaining. It's going to be released today exclusively for the Nintendo Switch and here's hoping it delivers.

#4- Devil May Cry 5 (Mar 8)

 A proper installment in the legendary hack-and-slash series, Devil May Cry 5 is a step forward for the series as seen with the various trailers and while I'm not entirely hooked with the new style the team is going for, I'm still excited nonetheless. With over 3 characters to play, new bosses to slice, and the signature challenging difficulty, Devil May Cry 5 is sure to please fans and action-junkies alike.

#3- Resident Evil 2 Remake (Jan 25)


 One of the biggest games that I can't wait to play, Resident Evil 2 Remake is shaping up to be faithful remake to the original Resident Evil 2. A game that I played and reviewed years ago, it chronicles the adventures of series veterans Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield who must survive in a zombie-ridden Raccoon City. The new change in graphics, game mechanics, and overall aesthetics looks promising and I feel like I'm gonna have a terrifying time with it. are

#2- Left Alive (Mar 5)

 Square Enix's third-person mecha game finally gets a release date slated for this year. From what ive seen so far, it looks and feels like it's going to be one the best action games of the year. I know I might be exaggerating a bit, but as a long time fan of mechs I cant help but to get excited in the prospect of proper mecha experience coming from Square. Did I mention that Metal Gear Solid artist Yoji Shinkawa is involved?

#1- Judgement (2019)


 As you probably noticed in recent years, I've quickly became a fan of Sega's niche Yakuza series. I think that's no surprise. However, what came as a surprise was the announcement of "Project Judge" a Yakuza spin-off following a detective who must solve a murder mystery in the town of Kamurocho. While similar in looks, Judgement is mechanically different when it comes to its gameplay where you must tail suspects and do some standard police investigations-- the complete opposite of what you're doing in a regular Yakuza game. Having recently been released in Japan, a Western release window shouldn't be that far off. Here's hoping it delivers a memorable experience as the Yakuza games did for me.

Comments