What I'm Currently Playing [April 2019]

 Hey, all. I know things have been quiet for a while and that's no thanks to my exams being around the corner, which is probably why I haven't been paying attention to gaming lately. Still, I try to have some fun once in a while for a few hours. That being said, I thought I'd share with you my thoughts on the games that I'm currently playing and hopefully by the coming while I'll be a bit more active.

Yakuza 3 (PS3)

Kick some ass yet again!

 Man, I can't believe that four games and I'm still enjoying the Yakuza series. Granted, I'm slowly feeling a bit burnt-out seeing that all of the games I've played share the same formula of exploring around town, beating thugs, playing mini-games, and dabbling in side-quests. Yakuza 3 does this well... for the most part given that the western release suffered from a hefty amount of cut-content, which is a bummer. That being said, the story-- albeit a cheesy one this time-- is still interesting and the characters are also great. It shows its age given that it's an early PS3 game but that doesn't mean that it's no fun. Like the games before it, I'm planning on reviewing Yakuza 3 so make sure you stay tuned for that soon!


Devil May Cry 5 (PS4)

The fun continues.

 It's not frequent that come back to a game that I just beat but Devil May Cry 5 is so good that warrants another playthrough. I've said what I needed to say about the game in my review, but something that I missed was the newly released Bloody Palace mode. If you're a DMC veteran you what it's about, but for newcomers, it's a mode where you defeat gradually tough enemies across a grand total of 50 stages with a special reward waiting at the end. For me, it's the perfect place to sharp up my skills and test out some of the new moves for my characters. Dante is easily my go-to guy for bloody palace and I'm having loads of fun with the extra challenge. As far as 2019's releases go, DMC5 is my Game of the Year at the moment.


 Left Alive (PS4)

Should've been left to die...

 Talk about being let down. Left Alive was among my most anticipated games of the year and one that I've been keeping my eye on ever since its reveal at the 2017 Tokyo Game Show. Now that it's out I can safely say that it... sucks, which surprisingly strange given the unique talent that went behind the project. Maybe due to mismanaged or rushed deadlines it came out as a steaming pile of turd but I honestly don't know what happened. What I do know for sure that it's no fun to play at all. I was planning on reviewing Left Alive but the poor AI, stealth mechanics, shooting, and general flow of the gameplay is so bad that it doesn't warrant putting in all the effort to beat. My biggest dud of the year, that's for sure.

Comments