My Favorite E3 2019 Games!

A fine year.
 This year's E3 conference passed by quickly and it left us with some pretty sweet games to get excited for. While Sony decided to skip out on the event, game studios such as Nintendo, CD Project Red, and Square Enix managed to fill the gap with some fantastic reveals. Since it's a yearly thing for me to talk about my favorite E3 games, I thought that I'd waste no time this year and get right into each game and share my thoughts about it. Let's go:


Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projket Red)

Woah!
 The Witcher III developer CD Projekt Red seems to never fail to disappoint with their upcoming action-adventure game, Cyberpunk 2077. We got a glimpse of more action-packed gameplay, a release date of April 2020, and a surprise appearance from Keanu Reeves, who will be playing a part in the game's story. I was excited when I saw more of the gameplay and even more when Keanu showed up on stage all enthusiastic about the project. Man, all I can say is that Cyberpunk 2077 is shaping up to be my most anticipated game of 2020.


Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix)

It's looking really good.

 I gotta say that it's been ages since the last time Square Enix unveiled Final Fantasy VII Remake back in 2015 and ever since then it's been mostly radio silence on the game-- until now. At this year's E3, Square Enix finally showed off the game with a new trailer featuring the action-oriented battle system and a boss fight. We also got to see Tifa's new design and personally she looks awesome. Square also showed off a collector's edition featuring Cloud riding his motorcycle, which costs a staggering $300 bucks. Well, at least we finally have a confirmed release date for the game of the first episode (yeah, it's still an episodic thing...) of the revamped adventure coming to us in March 2020. Not a huge fan of the episodic format, but I'd be lying if I said that I'm not excited for the remake.

No More Heroes III (Grasshopper Manufacture) 

Travis is really back this time!

 After countless times of teasing, veteran developer Suda51 and his studio Grasshopper Manufacture finally announced the third main entry in the cult No More Heroes series, No More Heroes III. The brief trailer featured our otaku assassin hero Travis, this time back with a new design and still kicking ass. Granted it's still a work in development, but I still would have liked a gameplay trailer giving us a basic idea of the gameplay. I just hope it returns to the gameplay of the first two games instead of Travis Strikes Again's underwhelming and boring gameplay.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo)

A new adventure is waiting.

 This list wouldn't be complete without a much anticipated Nintendo release, and no I'm not talking about the Breath of the Wild sequel, it's actually the new Animal Crossing game! I've been a fan of the series ever since playing New Leaf on the 3DS. The ability to freely customize your house, cutesy inhabitants, and friendly atmosphere were some of that game's biggest highlights for me. Starting with the GameCube, there has been an Animal Crossing game for every Nintendo system, and the Switch is no exception. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the latest game and it looks stunning on the Switch. I liked what I saw with the gameplay trailer and I can't wait to find out about the new additions to the gameplay. Best of all is that it won't be that long of a wait since it's slated for a March 2020 release.


Contra: Rogue Corps (Konami)

A little rough around the edges, but...

 While Konami hasn't had the best reputation after the whole Hideo Kojima affair and especially after the crapshow that was Metal Gear Survive, I was genuinely interested when they showed-cased their latest game, a long awaited entry in the Contra series, Contra: Rogue Corps. As a fan of mindless shoot 'em ups and one that never played a Contra game before, the trailer caught my attention with its non-stop action. Generic title and subpar visuals aside, Rogue Corps looks like a lot of fun, especially since it packs a 4-player online mode. It's coming out relatively soon compared to the other games in September of this year.


 And that's my favorite picks of this year's E3 show. I was going to originally post this right after the conference's end but I got a bit busy and found myself going on vacation. That totally unrelated thing aside, I can't wait to see what's in store for these games when they launch and here's hoping they turn out to be pretty good.

Comments