What I've Been Playing [June 2019]

 Hey everyone, I'm back again with a monthly update on what games I'm playing recently. It's been a pretty busy month in terms of new releases so I finally had the chance to play some games that I've anticipating this year such as Bloodstained and Judgment. But I've also went on vacation so there was little in the way of activity, but I'm back now and gotten around to playing again. This summer, I'm planning on beating meaty RPGs such as Skyrim and the Tales of games since I wouldn't be able to on regular study days. That and I generally found myself having a lot of time on my hands, so why not? But anyway, here are some of the games that I've been playing for the past while: 

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (NSW, PS4)


 The long awaited kickstarter success is finally here and amidst all fears, it's doing very well in terms of reviews from both fans and critics. I got Bloodstained on the Switch and I'm having a blast 10 hours in. The story is interesting but it takes a backseat to the gameplay, which is immensely addictive. There are lots of hidden areas to explore, which house some tough-as-nails boss encounters and cool weapons to use. I initially came in with low expectation, given how Kickstarter games rarely do meet their hype, but so far I'm having fun with Bloodstained. Expect a review coming soon!

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4)


 A game I've been wanting to play for a while, Tales of Vesperia finally got a remaster that relased earlier this year. Featuring a slew of content from the previously Japan-only PS3 version, upgraded frame-rate and resolution, it's the version to get if you're planning on experiencing the game for the first time. Admittedly, the controls are on the clunky side, but it's nonetheless fun with amount of skill attacks you can learn and the faced-paced nature of the battles. I'm relatively early into the story, but so far the characters are hooking me in. The main lead Yuri is easily one of its highlight, with his laid-back attitude and plain awesomess. Here's hoping it's a memorable one.


Blaster Master Zero (NSW)


 Blaster Master Zero is a remake of the 1988 NES game, Blaster Master. In it, you take the role of young scientist Jason, who must retrieve his pet frog after it jumped into a wormhole. Odd plot aside, the game is a mix between 2D platformer and a twin-stick shooter. In 2D form, you control Jason's tank, Sophia III, as you explore various caves and areas while also shooting monsters. It might look like a game kids may enjoy due to colorful visuals and upbeat sounds, but it's anything but that. The game is still old-school in some areas and the boss fights will surely give you a workout. If you're a fan of retro platformers, I'd easily recommend Blaster Master Zero since it's goes for $10.

Comments