What I'm Currently Playing [October 2019]

 Hey everyone, it's been a while since I last made an update post telling you about the games I'm playing right now since I was well... busy playing games. It's that time of year again where all of the major releases are right around the corner and I can't wait to play the likes of Death Stranding, Shenmue III, and Pokémon Sword and Shield. The last couple of weeks were a bit hectic since I've been playing some old games I've left on the backlog while also catching up with some of the year's new releases. But now that's out of the way, it's time to talk about the games that I'm currently playing.



Shakedown: Hawaii (3DS)


 Shakedown: Hawaii is the follow up game from the developers of the 8-bit indie game, Retro City Rampage. You control an aging CEO as he roams around the island of Hawaii in an attempt to save his near-bankrupt company by buying up the competition while resorting to morally unethical methods such as shaking down businesses and extorting them. Shakedown: Hawaii is basically a top-down Grand Theft Auto where you roam around Hawaii causing all sorts of chaos. The map itself is big and there's a decent amount of side-activities to keep you hooked during its 7 hour run. I especially enjoyed the modern day satire and 80's inspired setting, which are some of the game's highlights.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (NSW)


 The game that made a splash last month has to be the remake of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Boasting a new cute look, alongside some hand-drawn cutscenes, it's a far cry from the original release on the Game Boy. Link's back again, this time ship-wrecked on a mysterious island with no way of getting back home to Hyrule. The gameplay is relatively the same as the original as you'll control Link from a top-down view as he slashes through enemies with his sword while also facing a lot of bosses in the game's many dungeons. I won't say much since I'm planning on reviewing the game so stay tuned for that soon, but so far Link's Awakening has been a fun time.



Yakuza 4 (PS3)


 As part of my ongoing marathon of the Yakuza series, the next game I'm currently playing is non-other than Yakuza 4. We go back to the bustling city of Kamurocho, only this time from the perspective of four different main leads. The gameplay is the same as ever as you can roam around the city, beating down thugs, playing mini-games, hitting the karaoke clubs, and so on. The real highlight is that there's no cut-content, meaning that you can enjoy the Cabaret Clubs and each of the main characters have their own unique fighting styles, which make the gameplay a bit more interesting. I'm still early in the adventure, but so far the story's been entertaining and I'm definitely planning on reviewing it soon.



 And that's some of the games I've been playing recently! It's kind of hard to keep up with the newer releases since there's a new game like every week and that's still not considering I have a ton of games I have yet to start and work on my college studies. Still, I'll try to balance both so I hope it goes well. Anyway, that's it for this update post and until next time!

Comments