What I'm Currently Playing [November 2019]

 Hey everyone, it's been a while since I last posted anything and that's well... due to me being extremely busy these past weeks. So much so that I could barely open up my PS4 to keep up with some of the new releases. This month's been busy so far with Pokémon Sword/Shield, Death Stranding, and Shenmue III, which is closing in fast. I'll try to review some of the newer games based on my interest in them and hopefully I'm planning on doing a Top 10 list of the best games of the year next month, which I'm most excited in looking back and finding out what's my game of the year (although I have a pretty clear idea by now). So for now, here are some of the games which I have been playing recently this past while:


Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS)


 The last game Fire Emblem game on the 3DS is easily among the best RPGs on the system too. A remake of the Famicom game Fire Emblem Gaiden, Echoes is one that's done right. Featuring an updated presentation, gameplay refinements, and an engaging story, it's a way more fun time than the previous 3DS game Fire Emblem Fates, at least in my opinion. So far the gameplay's been really great, retaining the classic series strategy and difficulty while packing some old-school mechanics such as dungeon crawling. The story and characters are worth noting as they're well-done and I'm having a blast. I'm around 20 hours in the adventure and I'm confident in saying that it ties with Fire Emblem Awakening as the best FE game on the 3DS. Watch out for the review!


Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4)



 One of my anticipated games of the year, Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a grander, more ambitious game than its predecessor and it shows with the amount of improvements that it brings to the table. It retains the aspects of what made the original great such as the funny writing and fun gameplay features, as the environments are way more open for you to get crazy creative. Sadly, I haven't been making much progress seeing that it's a pretty time-consuming adventure, but I'll definitely get around to beating it just in time for a review.


 Aaaaaaaaand yeah, that's pretty much it. I couldn't game much these past so it's no surprise that I barely had much time to play and work on reviews, but I hope all that's gonna get cleared soon, so until then?

Comments