What I've Been Playing [December 2019]

Just before the year ends, I thought I'd squeeze in a quick post talking about some of the games that I've been recently playing these past weeks!


Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Absolutely stunning.

 Gran Turismo Sport is very different game since its launch years ago. It packs more content in the form of more cars, tracks, and the overall UI feels a lot more polished. I'm currently at the start of career mode, but so far I'm enjoying the nice selection of cars. Sure it may not be as huge as past entries, but Sport aims for quality over quantity, which isn't bad since the game has a wide selection of cars for enthusiasts. The driving is great and while it's overwhelming at first, you'll get accustomed to it quickly. My favorite aspect of the game has to be the presentation, with the life-like models and ambient soundtrack being among the best to come out of the PS4.


Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu (NSW)

A fun, no-frills adventure.

 A remake of the GameBoy classic Pokémon Yellow, Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu is one of my favorite games on the Switch. Featuring a fresh coat of paint with its simplistic yet colorful visuals, classic gameplay that incorporates elements from the worldwide sensation Pokémon Go, and premise that closely follows the anime, I've been having nothing but fun with the game. Granted, the game is dead easy at times, with my Pikachu instantly killing everything in one hit, but the journey itself where you're catching Pokémon left and right is fun enough for me to enjoy the experience. 


And that's all for this rather brief update, 2019 was a great year for games and 2020 is shaping up to be a better one. So with that, it's until next decade!

Comments