My Thoughts on the PlayStation 5 Showcase

A bunch of surprises.


The PS5 Showcase just wrapped up and there's a of announcements from the console's price to launch games to even price increases, let's talk about it. 


 Sony has finally cleared the mystery surrounding the PS5's price by finally releasing the official prices and the PS5 with the disc slot will cost $499 while the digital-only version is cheaper at $399. The prices are all-right, though I'm obviously waiting for a better deal with a bundle or the "Slim" revision down the line. It's also worth noting that according to Sony, pre-orders are now live at select retailers.  

It's finally official.

 What really got me hooked were the games accompanying the system, with the likes of Spider-Man: Miles Morales looking pretty interesting. However, it's the Demon's Souls remake that got me excited for the system and I can't wait to see how it plays. Better yet, it's a launch game so we won't have to wait that long. Also, Final Fantasy XVI got revealed and it's taking on a medieval setting with competent leadership as Final Fantasy XIV's fan favorite director "Yoshi P" is directing the game. The gameplay looked great and knowing Square Enix, who knows when it will come out. Resident Evil 8: Village gets some coverage and it looks creepy as hell, very excited for that game. Lastly, Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition is coming to the PS5 digitally at launch and will feature visuals upgrades and Vergil as a new playable character, and he looks awesome. Additionally, Sony has mentioned that select PS4 games will be coming to PS5 in the form of backwards compatibility. The likes include the recent Doom: Eternal, Control, The Witcher III, and Grand Theft Auto V. That's pretty cool though make sure you've got enough space in for those games plus the new PS5 titles.


Demon's Souls is definitely going to be one
 of the system's biggest launch games.

 It really sucks that games are going to cost more as Sony's first-party titles are now reaching the $70 mark and other companies are starting to normalise this new trend too. I've stopped buying games Day 1 after Metal Gear Solid V and chose to wait it out for a few months when game prices get cheaper. It's worked out fine for me since then and I'll be following it through with the PS5. That and I still got a bunch of games on the PS3 and PS4 that I still haven't touched...



 And that's basically it. I know there were some other games and peripherals that got showcased but I mainly focused on the things that were interesting to me in this post. While I'm definitely going to wait on getting the PS5, I'm still excited for the release and here's hoping the next generation is going to be a great one!

Comments