What I've Been Playing [September 2020]

 Hey all, back with another update on the games that I'm currently playing. Things have been slow recently and that's because I've been keeping busy myself, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy myself some games. As always, I'm planning on playing some of my backlog games though I'm more inclined to try out some of the new releases like Ghost of Tsushima and Animal Crossing: New Horizons before things get busy with the release of the next-gen consoles and Cyberpunk 2077. For now though I'll be finishing up some backlog games as usual before dabbling into them. So without any further delays, here are the games that I've been playing recently:


Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)


I finally got around to replaying Pokemon Omega Ruby after years of putting it in the backlog and it's definitely a great remake of the original Pokemon Ruby for the Game Boy Advance. The game gets the 3D treatment and a slew of new additions in the form of post-game content. The story was okay as you'll be playing as a young trainer as they strive to be the champion of the Hoenn region while defeating Team Magma, who are threatening the region. It's the same premise all over again so there's nothing exciting with the story except for the new "Delta" chapter, which I found to surprisingly interesting. The gameplay gets receives an update featuring the new additions of the recent Pokemon games up to that point such as Pokemon Amie and Mega Evolution. The presentation is good and I liked the look of the Hoenn region despite some complaining that there's too much water. Overall, Pokemon Omega Ruby was a faithful remake of the original game and a fun time too.


Gris (PC)


 Gris is a platformer where you play as a silent girl whose on a quest to bring back color to her grey world, hence the name "Gris", which is grey in Spanish. As you explore the game's artsy world, you'll be jumping around platforms and unlocking new abilities that help you progress through the levels. There are occasional simple puzzles to solve as well. Gris is one of those style over substance games where there isn't much depth to the story and gameplay, rather the focus is on the stunning visuals. Some may enjoy the game while others won't, so it's best recommended that you check it out when it's on sale.


Dark Souls Remastered (PS4)


 One of the most notoriously difficult games of the last decade, Dark Souls has made a name for itself in the gaming industry. With an unforgiving difficulty curve, tough bosses, and general feel of dread, Dark Souls has a reputation of being one of the hardest games in recent memory-- it's also one that I haven't got the chance of playing until recently thanks to the remaster. I'm fairly early in the game but man does it live up to its reputation with the enemies and boss fights hitting you like a truck. Still, what I love about these games is the exploration and characters, which I'm enjoying at the moment. It'll take a while to beat, but Dark Souls Remastered is definitely a game I'll be reviewing soon.

Comments