Top 5 Anticipated Games of 2022!

 It's a new year and naturally that means new games to look forward to! While I'm catching up to my backlog and holding out on buying a PS5 yet (other than Demon's Souls, nothing caught my attention), there are a few games I'm excited to play in 2022. Thankfully, some releases like FromSoftware's much anticipated Elden Ring and Gran Turismo 7 are cross-gen games, so I'll get around to playing them-- and hopefully they can run fine on a PS4. Anyway, since there weren't a lot of games that got me excited for the year, here are the ones that did: 


#5 - Gran Turismo 7 

Looking better than ever.

 The long-awaited numbered entry in the prestigious Gran Turismo series, Gran Turismo 7 is aiming to recapture the spirit of the original games. Featuring a large selection of cars compared to Gran Turismo Sport, deeper customization options, and even better photo-realistic graphics compared to Sport, it looks like GT7 will turn out to be one of the series' best. Though it's still a letdown that an always online connection is needed to play and save the game, definitely what I hated most about Sport. I'm hoping they'll either patch the game or just leave online for multiplayer and uploading pictures, but we'll have to see on that. Still, since I'm a fan of Gran Turismo, I'll be keeping an eye on Gran Turismo 7


#4 - Sonic Frontiers

A risk that'll hopefully payoff. 

 The recently announced Sonic Frontiers didn't show much of anything when it came to gameplay, but the fact that it's aiming for open-world (or "open-zone" as Sega calls it) is an exciting prospect to look forward to. As much as I love them, the Sonic games are inconsistent when it comes to quality and I think Frontiers looks to be the Breath of the Wild that the Sonic series needs to feel fresh again. Bold claim but I'm really hoping it turns out to be good, especially after the mediocre Sonic Forces. I'll be looking forward to the gameplay trailers in the coming months and see how it goes. 


#3 - Bomb Rush Cyberfunk 

A promising JSR-inspired game.

 The spiritual successor to the Jet Set Radio series that Sega completely forgot about, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk might seem like a blatant copy of Jet Set Radio, but if Sega won't make another JSR game, then I'm in favor of Team Reptile making a successor game. Based on the trailers, it nails down the essence of JSR with its art-style, music, and gameplay. It looks like fun based on the teasers and I like the open maps to roam around in. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk easily has that sleeper hit feeling to it and I'll be picking it up when it releases. 


#2 - Bayonetta 3 

Back and more stylish than ever.

 After an announcement that felt like forever ago, Bayonetta 3 got a sweet trailer a few months ago and it looked great! From Bayonetta's fantastic new redesign to the even more bloody and satisfying gameplay, Bayonetta 3 looks to one of the best action games of the year and on the Nintendo Switch's library. As a fan of PlatinumGames, I know they won't disappoint with Bayonetta 3. Here's hoping the Switch can handheld all that action without turning into an oven though.


#1 - Elden Ring 

Another Soul-crushing adventure.

 FromSoftware's latest game, Elden Ring, has generated tons of excitement last year when it was announced and the recent gameplay trailers have me excited as well. Focusing on yet another grim fantasy world, Elden Ring is by far the studio's most ambitious game. Featuring an open-world to explore, robust character creation system, and the signature difficulty that's expected from FromSoft, I can't wait to play it when I get the chance. Thankfully, it's also coming to the PS4 and I'm hoping it runs well. 

Comments