My Top 5 Anticipated Games of 2023!

Starfield, Bethesda's latest title releasing this year.


 2023 is here and like always a new year, means new games to look forward to! There's a bunch of cool games releasing this year from remakes to indies to long-awaited releases, so I'm looking forward to play this year's releases while catching up on some games I've missed. I'll be planning on playing more retro/PC games as well as ones that have been on the backlog for a while, so reviews will be more varied this year. Also, 2023 coincides with AcidGameReviews' 10th anniversary, so I'm going to be planning a special retrospective in the coming months. In short, this year is going to be a busy one in gaming for me. So without further delays, here are my most anticipated games of 2023!


#5

Lies of P (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PC)

A dark and depressing journey I'm looking forward to.


 A game that caught my attention late last year, Lies of P is based on the famous story of puppet Pinocchio-- though here, he must explore a deadly world in search of his creator. Lies of P is an action game with souls-like gameplay, so it's automatically an interesting prospect for me and I'm waiting for more trailers of game. 


#4

Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PC)

A timeless classic, reborn.


 The remake that came as no surprise after Resident Evil 2 & 3 successful remakes, I personally didn't feel that Resident Evil 4 needed a remake since it's still fun to play and visually pleasing many years later. Nonetheless, I'm excited with what they've shown in the trailers and if it's going to just as great as the original or better, then we could be looking at one of the best remakes ever-- alongside Capcom's own Resident Evil Remake. In short, I can't wait.


#3

Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)

A new adventure awaits.


 It's been years since the last mainline Final Fantasy game with 2016's divisive Final Fantasy XV. With Final Fantasy XVI, the series returns to its medieval roots once again featuring a new world to explore as well as cast of characters to meet. Focusing on more a mature tone with lots of blood, XVI aims to stand-out among its predecessors. Watching the trailers, I liked the action-gamed gameplay and the game's world looks like a fun one to explore. That said I'm apprehensive about the game's release state considering XV's rocky development. But here's hoping Square Enix have learned from their mistakes and we'll see FFXVI in the best state.


#2

Tekken 8 (PS5, PC)

Get ready for the next battle!


Being a longtime Tekken fan and an avid enjoyer of Tekken 7, I've been anxiously waiting for the next game in the series for a while. When Bandai Namco announced Tekken 8 last year with a brief trailer, I was super excited for it and will likely get a PS5 to play it. Following up in the climatic ending of Tekken 7, hero Jin Kazama is back and this time facing his greatest enemy, his father. Not much was shown about the game, but it's clear that Namco will show more in the months leading up to the game's release.


#1

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)

It's gonna be a good one!


 The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is my most anticipated game of the year being a Zelda fan. The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I've been excited for the next chapter in Zelda and Link's adventure seeing I enjoyed the previous game. While all we got were cinematic trailers, I'm anticipating that the gameplay is going to be more of the same but with new gameplay additions. Tears of the Kingdom is a few months away from its May launch, so here's hoping we'll see a Nintendo Direct showcase for the game.

Comments