My Top 3 Anticipated Games of 2024

An ok year?
 

 2024 is here and to be honest, there aren't many games I'm excited for this year compared to 2023. Yeah, we're getting some neat stuff like Dragon's Dogma 2 and the upcoming Silent Hill 2 Remake, but there aren't enough games that caught my attention to warrant the yearly Top 10 Anticipated Games list--so instead-- I'll be making a brief post about the few games that I'm actually excited for while sharing my gaming goals for 2024.


3

Dragon's Dogma 2 (Capcom)

Slay dragons and get immersed in a fantasy world.


 Dragon's Dogma 2 is the sequel to 2012's Dragon's Dogma, both of which come to us from Capcom. A medieval adventure where you pick a class, fight dragons, and explore a fantasy world, it's a game that I'm looking forward to ever since I've seen some gameplay of it, which made me excited to try it out. The first game's on my backlog for a while too and with the sequel coming up soon, it's the perfect time for me finally jump into it.


2

Tekken 8 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)

Get ready for the next battle.

 I've been excited for Tekken 8 ever since its first trailer dropped and since then, I've been anxious for its release date, which is late this month. The gameplay looks fast-paced and fun as always, the graphics are insane, and story will likely be as crazy as ever. I wasn't a fan of some character redesigns like Nina and Paul's, but I'm still all the more hyped for the game. I'm really hoping it lives up to my expectations as I can see Tekken 8 as a game I'll be going back to all year long.


1

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Square Enix)

A journey into the unknown.

 Obviously part two of the remake to my favorite RPG of all-time is at the top of my list. Final Fantasy VII Remake was a fantastic experience when I played it in 2020 and left on an exciting cliffhanger. The second part dubbed "Rebirth" is set to release next month and follows the party exploring the world after leaving Midgar while coming into contact with Sephiroth. I've seen some of the recent gameplay footage and I couldn't be any more excited; I'm hoping it'll live up to my expectations. 


My Goals for this year:

 As always, I'll be focusing on playing and reviewing games on my backlog that have been sitting for ages. I also want to increase my retro output as well since I'm planning on digging up my old systems to play some older stuff. Other than that, I'll maybe post some non-reviews like topics or retrospectives every now and then to keep things interesting. That's all for now and until next time!

Comments